About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

PE2_iMovie

Fine-tuning on the fly...

I found a new feature in iMovie that I really have needed lately. It's called fine-tuning!
the keyboard shortcut for fine-tuning is opt+cmd





the orange line can be moved to add or delete one scene at a time
I had trouble adjusting a clip to fit in the last iMovie I completed. I remember thinking that there must be a better way to cut just a second or two off the movie. Instead I tried to just find it - kinda like when I first got the DVR. I just got pretty good a guessing where to stop. (Now that I think about it, this feature must be on the DVR too! I'm gonna have to look into that!)

In addition to the keyboard shortcuts, there are also other ways to access this feature.

You can go to iMovie Preferences, choose the Browser and then choose "Show Fine Tuning controls."


This allows the controls to show directly on the picture that needs to be adjusted. You can then adjust the picture to cut the scene that needs to be removed.


I'm not sure if I will be able to remember each keyboard shortcut, but just knowing that it can be done is enough for me to find the tool that I will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment