About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

PE3_iMovie

Ken Burns effect...

I learned about the Ken Burns effect. Like I'm sure many of you, I have seen this effect in various movies and shows, but never realized it was something that is so easy to acheive.
This effect is named after a famous documentarian who began using it. The effect is the result of panning and zooming over still pictures to give them movement in a video.

adding still photos to iMovie
Obviously, you cannot see the effect in this still example. I have also included another screen shot of an example showing where the image would begin panning and then where it would end.

image begins in the green and pans to the red




I like the idea of including still photos into an iMovie project. I think it really adds to the overall effect of the final project.

These are not the only things that I have learned throughout this lynda.com iMovie tutorial. There are so many different things that iMovie is capable of doing - all from just the tools on your laptop. I am now ready to move everything onto iMovie. There was information in lynda.com on uploading movies from a tape recorder. I know I have some of those around here.

I think I need to begin a list of things to do after graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment