About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Friday, February 18, 2011

PE4_ZimmerTwins

I attempted to find other websites that would be suitable for my kindergarten classroom...

They continue to amaze me with how fearless they are when it comes to technology. It doesn't scare them. However, while website don't intimidate them, they do constantly need me to get started...especially those types of sites that have so many users that all of the basic user-names are being used!

So...I just kept coming back to Zimmer Twins!

I love how it is so user friendly. I tried another site with my students and they were continually asking me to "...sign them on, ...use my email address and ...what was that password again?" That's just not what I want for them. With Zimmer Twins, I have never had any of that.

In early childhood we allow the students to 'play' with the tools we will be using in class before we 'work' with them. So far, this is what my students have been doing. They have been piecing together clips that make them laugh. They don't have a point they are trying to make or even a script. They are just playing with the technology and that is where we always start.

Check out the movie that one of them made...

No comments:

Post a Comment