About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wk 1 - response to Daniela

Daniela~
photo taken by Alicia Welch
I agree with what you said about explaining copyright laws to elementary students. I think it is very similar to how we have to explain the reliability of the internet. There is so much that students of today need to be made aware of, yet technology is changing so rapidly that it is hard to keep our students informed.

Daniela's original post~
After watching the videos on Copyright and Fair use, I am more concerned about how much is NOT fair use. I never realized how small the widow is for all the media that is out there. I have been concerned about the copyright issues over the last 10m months, but was not sure about all the rules. I believe I too was under the top ten misconceptions. As, I believe, are most people. I find that these rules are most difficult to explain to our students, especially at the Elementary level.  However I am finding that we are going to need to educate them early so that they are aware of what the laws are since they are our 21st century learners.  Which brings up the concern that if I am still confused about what the rules are exactly how do I get it across to the them? These lines are blurry are hard to explain... 

No comments:

Post a Comment