About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wk 3 - response to Mike

Mike-
I like what you said about leaders. I think it does just come naturally for some people. I also agree that people can practice this skill and, therefore, become a leader.
photo taken by Alicia Welch
I used to get extremely nervous when standing up in front of parents at Curriculum Night. Over the years, through practice, I find it's not so bad anymore. I never though of myself as a leader, however, I am learning to become more comfortable in that role.

Mike's original post...
This is some of the best reading that I have have ever read. I have been challenged, disciplined, encouraged, inspired, and motivated all at the same time. I believe that everybody possesses leadership skills, some just have more than others. The difference between leaders is that some are more natural than others. Being a leader just comes natural for some. But that does not mean that everyone can not be a leader. They just need to find the are(s) in which they are gifted and let their talents shine there.

I love rule #6! I find myself there all too often, especially being a middle school teacher. It is easy for me to get all up-tight when things don't go my way or when I don't get the response I want. However, I have been working on this area. I am trying to let my guard down some and let my students have a good laugh at my expense more often. I have learned that if I do that, then it lets my students know that I not any more important than they are and that I, too, am human and make mistakes.

I like the chapters 7 & 8, speaking the possibilities and having passion. I think it is easy for everybody to find limitations in everything. It is easy for us to begin something and, after we encounter one road block, when completely shut the project down and say "this will never work." That no only takes away from any possibility that we have for success and completion. We need to try to always keep the most positive aspects about everything that we do or are involved in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment