About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wk 2 - Think Out-Loud PPP: publication

photo taken by Alicia Welch
In thinking about how I can continue my CBR project, I first have to admit that I am extremely uncomfortably getting up in front of a large crowd, or even a small crowd for that matter. For this reason, I know that I would like to continue my project through a journal publication.
I will be looking into early childhood publications or even publications that would combine early learning with technology. My CBR project focused on kindergarten students and their abilities to complete writing on the computer. My current class of students is not ready to undertake something like this. They lack the basic fine motor skills needed before I am able to allow them to begin writing online.
I have never done anything like this before, so I am a little hesitant as to how it will play out. I do have faith that FSO has done this before and I am sure that I will have plenty of help and assistance along the way. I, of course, have so far...

2 comments:

  1. Alicia - Publishing your work in a scholarly journal is an excellent option. It gives you the ability to share all of the wonderful work that you've done throughout your CBR project, while allowing for future opportunities to present, if you are ever inclined to. I've actually been asked to present before, based on a published article that someone has read, which is like a two-for-one, I think. :)

    The other awesome thing about getting published is the ability to post links to your published content on other sites, if your content is released online. This is great because it can really expand your audience and the potential impact of your research.

    I have no doubt that you will have great success. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onward and upward, being a little uncomfortable is part of the purpose of this activity. Imagine how uncomfortable the caterpillar must be before becoming the butterfly...

    ReplyDelete