About Me

I have been a kindergarten teacher for 16 years. I now have children of my own and see on a daily basis how they use technology. I decided it was time to return to school myself. I am a currently a graduate student at Full Sail University working towards a Master's Degree in Education Media Design and Technology.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wk 4 - Wimba

In completing my publishing project, I turned to my group that has helped me over the past 11 months. We have exchanged emails, texts and even phone calls throughout our CBR adventure. It was time to turn to them again one final time and so I send them my future journal article.

photo taken by Alicia Welch
Hey Alicia!
I thought your introduction was really good. You did an excellent job setting up the rest of the article and giving the background information to the reader. In your first paragraph when you mention how students are being introduced to technology at a much earlier age than ever before, do you think it would be good to say at what age that is now and when it was in the past? Just a thought.
Your lit review section is good. I don't think that I would change anything here at all.
Your methodology section is also good, but it might need a little more detail. I know we are new to this, and I am not sure how much detail is required for a journal article, but I am assuming it to be a lot.
I really think that you drive home an important point in your conclusion, but the wording of the first sentence of the last paragraph is a little confusing. I see what you mean, but it might be good to reword it differently.
This is a high quality document, Alicia, and I think with a little bit of touch up you should be good to go.
Hope this feedback helps out a little!

Jon


photo taken by Alicia Welch
Alicia,
I think that you did an amazing job. It is always amazing to read how much a five year old can learn in one school year, but to also include helping them develops technology skills is impressive. I am amazed that you were able to get them to do so much. Just the fact they can navigate a blog site is pretty cool.
I can see how the summer can be a bit frustrating, especially for this age group. You work all year to get them ready for blogging and when they are finally ready it is summer time. They go home, the schedules get thrown off and your data is impossible to record. One could say that you could try again next year, but it seems that this would be a perpetual cycle, since they are just entering school at age 4/5.
This plan might work out with better results if administration would tell you ahead of time that you could loop with your students so you could track their progress over a two-year course. That of course would not only take assistance from administration but also add a lot of work to your plate moving to a new grade level. Over all, I think you give great insight into what is possible.
Great job!
Daniela



Now I am off to rework a few things...

1 comment: